[-]
Latest Image Attachments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
want to get into milsim-senario
09-14-2016, 11:12 AM
want to get into milsim-senario
hey guys and gals
Ive been thinking lately about getting more into outdoors milsim-senario preferably mag fed, ive played plenty of outdoor with various markers and have played lots of indoor speedball as well. i want to move into a more milsim style of play with shot quality over quantity. Given my tendency toward indoor speedball, i have an abundance of brightly colored gear and equipment.

so to get to the point of this post, im looking for opinions on markers to try and narrow down the list before i try testing some of them out, price isnt really too big of an issue but i dont want to spend $2000 on just a marker. i also want to pick up some new gear, like camo and a vest and packs and stuff, so any suggestions/recommendations would be awesome, like what camo pattern have worked best for you in the past.

thanks everyone, i hope to read some posts soon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2016, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 07:13 PM by Sandman.)
RE: want to get into milsim-senario
A good place to start Magfed is the Tippmann TiPX. It is not as milsim as some others but they perform really well. There are several mag choices from 7-round up to 20-round Zetas. For the most realistic look, the Rap4 468 looks pretty authentic and performs very well as is a good value. But ultimately you can't beat the M17 CQC for value and performance. I ran one for 3 years. Their new PMC gives you the same internals but with the Zeta option for mags. plus they have options for adding aftermarket hand guards. Same with the 468 if you want to really customize. On that point, the 468 lets you build different uppers, like DMR or shorty and swap them out easily.

As for camo and such, Multicam and all terrain tiger work good in the prairie mixed forest scenario. Tiger works good in deeper woods and shadows. Krypton Highlander looks cool but I have no experience with or against it. But the colour scheme seems right for our terrain. I run Multicam. It's easy to find and not crazy expensive anymore.

Condor makes a good range of vests in a variety of colours and patterns. I run the MCR4 with Fazmags for TIPX or Zetas, or AK pouches for everything else. Light weight, good fit. They have a new laser cut version that will shave even more weight.

If you are in the Lethbridge area and just want to check out some of these, let me know. I am also throwing some of my milsim stuff up for sale shortly.

We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those that would do us harm. Violence then pancakes.
09-22-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: want to get into milsim-senario
when you say Milsim do you mean full on Milsim Scenario, hiking for hours ?
or more woodsball with Scenario and mag fed?
I mostly play Woodsball with mag fed no story line or objectives.
Just team v team single shot elimination.

but i do enjoy woodsball Scenario games .... Reid of Skyline puts on a great day of play.

I mostly agree with Sandman
I personally would never recommend RAP4 from experience and the lack of customer service.
First strike T15 (Tiberius Arms are now first strike) 1:1 AR just awesome mags.
and their customer service is just Stella.
I to have Multicam and Condor MCR6 chest rig in Multicam
but just to get started wear black or tan i know a few guys from mag-fed southern Alberta group on facebook who don't wear Camo but are great players .

If you are ever at Skyline, Olds or Bragg creak, look for me ... I'm the loud over weight Brit with my call sign on my back. you're more than welcome to try out my T15, Sten (custom) or TPX.
and I'm sure the other guys I'm with would let you try the Milsigs or Maxtack they have.

[Image: camping.gif]
09-24-2016, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2016 12:53 AM by Sandman.)
Music RE: want to get into milsim-senario
If you are looking at the PMC Black and Tan route, Vertx makes some nice pants that work great for paintball and are reasonably priced. I like the 5.11 stuff too. Check out Predatorbdu.com for good prices and the odd sale.

I have been out of touch this last season, so I don't know if anyone is running true milsim style scenarios with objectives and story. Any Bugstompers on the forum?

We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those that would do us harm. Violence then pancakes.